My dog ate my tampon. Is that why she got a bacterial infection?
She’s a 5 year old yorkie, like 10 pounds, and my tampon was in the trash and she ate it. Then she started becoming very sick and we took her to the vet and they said she had a bacterial infection and had to give her needles and pills. And I feel so bad. After like 3 weeks, she’s still not 100% back to normal despite being better. Did I cause this?
Did she pass the tampon, or did she require surgery? My concern would be an intestinal blockage, especially since she’s so tiny. If she continues to seem ill, take her back to the vet, or get a second opinion from another vet.
Her illness could be from the tampon or could be completely unrelated. Don’t waste your time on guilt. You took her to the vet and had her treated. Buy a trash can that she can’t get into, and move on. Bad things do happen to good dog-moms, and dogs do have a way of finding trouble.
What is the smelliest treat a dog cannot resist?
I’m having great difficulty in getting my dog to eat. He has been very ill and on a ton of medication for hepatitis. Pill pockets had been great in the past but seem to no longer entice him. Cheese and peanut butter are not working either. Any tips??
Raw lamb is usually a big hit- it’s what I use when I need serious training focus- makes your hands stink but works great (and yes, raw lamb is safe so long as it’s fresh and stored properly). Also try liver (cooked or raw).
My Dog might have ate Dioxcycline pills?
Ok i heard my dogs playing with a plastic object out side, so i went out side and i saw a chewed up green bottle. There was no lid on the bottle (they chewed it off) and there were no pills in the bottle either. The pills were given to my dog for when he got neutered, but i don’t know if it was the kind were we had to use all the pills. I found in my medicine cabinet, with my dog pills, there was another green bottle and it said that it was for Dioxcycline. I cant get to a vet. I dont think that there was any pills in the bottle but i dont know. Should i just monitor them?? is there any way i can tell if they ingested pills??
I wouldnt be too concerned. Doxycycline is just an antibiotic that is sometimes even given to dogs for infection. I would just watch him and make sure he doesnt have a reaction to it.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers