My dog ate the Halloween candy…?
So I have a 10 month old Weimaraner.. I went to the store last night after the trick or treaters had finished and while I was gone the cat and the dog tag teamed knocking over the candy bowl.
I came home to find it upside down on the floor.. I thought it looked like less candy but I wasn’t sure. Today my dog got sick a couple times after eating this morning. I was hoping it was just because he ate to fast.. tonight I was proven wrong. In the sixth pile of puke there were candy wrappers.
I am not sure how much he ate. He has been tired all day, but otherwise seems ok..
From what I have read normal chocolate symptoms are hyperactivity, excessive urination, and vomiting.. the only one he is exhibiting is the vomiting. My understanding is if I bring him to the vet all they will do is give him pills to vomit…
How long does this last, what signs should I look for for worsening symptoms?
If it’s been this long since he ate them, he’s not going to die of Chocolate poisoning, no.
He’ll probably continue to feel out of sorts for another 24 hours or so. Diarrhea, maybe some vomiting.
You may want to run out and buy some unflavored Pedialyte to keep him hydrated, as dehydration is a real concern with the amount he’s been vomiting. (You’d generally dilute it by half with water.)
If you can’t get out, any plain broth you have in the house could be added to his water to entice him to drink more.
If he starts to look any worse, I’d call the vet. He could be dehydrated.
My dog MAY have ate grapes,she got sick everywhere,but has been ok the past hour.Should I take her to the vet?
There is a possibility my dog has eaten some grapes. She weighs 9lbs. I don’t know how many, if any, only a few. She was vomitting some time after 10:30pm until 12:45 pm. She has not vomitted since and it is now 1:45. I did not see any grapes or recognizable material in the vomit. She also had some diarrhea. If she did eat them, it was sometime around 6:00. She appears to be acting normally now. Should I take her to the ER?
Since grapes cause kidney problems,I would take my dog to the vet,just to be safe.The longer you waite,the more damage could be done.It may be your dog is just fine,and don’t need to see the Vet,but just in case she isn’t I would take her to see him.I allways figure it’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to my dog.
I need help i think im sick???????????
Ok so i ate a hot-dog three days ago and i forces myself to eat it and i felt sick after i ate the hot-dog. Its now been 2 days since i eating it and i haven’t thrown up , only had diarrhea once. I only get nausea after i eat something then it goes away after i burp. I haven’t really ate a lot because I feel nausea. Do you think i have the Stomach Flu??????What should i eat , and how long do you think it will last????
Food poisoning! Take Tums,Advil, and bed rest! Drink TONS of water!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers