A.S.A.P. My 10 year old Chihuahua is sick, how do I help her when I don’t know the problem?
What might be the matter?
I fed her “Mixtables” it’s a package of meat to mix with dry food… she ate that yesterday. I don’t know if that’s what got her sick because my other dogs ate it too and they are fine right now.. She hasn’t aten the whole day because she doesn’t want to eat, not even drink water. She was low on energy, I thought might be due to the heat, but I showered her and did my best, and don’t know what else to do.
Could it be her time?
I hope not so, so how can I help her? I tried pedialyte but she is the same, just laying down with her eyes rolled up
I can’t afford to take her to the vet.. what do I do?
Call vets make a payment plan as suggested or call local shelters see if they have a low cost program but before acquiring more animals please keep a savings account so they can be cared for.
Call and ask questions, find some help, borrow money sell something My dog a mixed chi lived to be 18! Good healthy diet, exercise and vet care is the answer I hope she wil lbe okay, but help her asap.
My dog ate 12 small chocolate brownies, help please?
At around 3pm my dog (medium size) ate some chocolate brownies. I went to the door to say goodbye to my friend and she’d scarfed the lot in seconds. It was a pack of bought ones, small size. The box was around about 150-200g. We’d eaten some. So, maybe she had around 100g of brownies.
I phoned the vet at 4pm when I realised (I’d taken the dog out with me and saw the empty box when we got back). The vet said they had an £80 injection to make the dog sick. And she’d then want her to stay overnight at a different vets’ on ‘fluids’ and that would cost £100+. So, I was looking at a big fat bill. How come vets charge so much?….
So, I asked if there was any way round it, as she looks okay, and she said to give the dog salty water to make her sick. And then observe her. And if she starts twitching or fitting then to bring her in.
I did, and she was sick a bit. Then, I kept giving her more to encourage her to vomit, but it didn’t come up. Instead her tummy is bloated now. So, I gave her plain water to ‘water down’ the salt. (She’s drunk loads of sea water before – out of choice – and been fine). Then, she went to eat some grass and is now just sitting comfortably in her basket. She hasn’t urinated or poo-ed yet. She looks well.
Is anyone here experienced in these things?
Thanks for any helpful advice.
Hi there. I have a small dog, he has eaten chocolate before.
I did the same thing, just monitored him. I think you should just continue to keep an eye on your dog and occasionally go outside and let her walk around. As you have already done the salted water thing I dont think there is much more you can do but watch her, I would say she may vomit tomorrow.
If it was my dog I would probly not think about the money and just do the vet procedures, I wouldnt want to risk it but if you really cant afford it then monitor her.
How come my dog never gets sick when he eats chocolate?
I heard chocolate was bad for dogs, but yet when my small dog got a hold of a fairly decent amount of chocoalete nothing happened. Now don’t get me wrong — I would never feed my dog chocolate. But I have idiot neigbors who own a candy factory and whenever I leave my dog outside I always catch them giving him chocolate after I told them not to a million times. Anyways, why does my bichon seem completely unaffected by chocolate, but other stuff like rice cakes and milk make him throw up.
Here is an interactive chocolate chart that shows how much and of what kind of chocolate can kill a dog. It also show what symptoms to watch for in case it makes your dog very sick and you need to get to the Vet..Your dog may have suffered some internal or chronic damage that just didn’t show enough for you to notice it.
ADD: Since the toxicity builds up over time, I would try and get a restraining order against the neighbor. That might get their attention. They are slowly killing your dog.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers